The Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of The Center for Family Justice plays an important role in ensuring the organization is fiscally sound, well managed and provides quality services. The board is composed of community members who live or work in one of the six towns CFJ serves. The size of the board can vary from 15 to 25. Board members can serve up to three consecutive three-year terms.
Board members are expected to serve on a least one committee of the board, attend monthly board meetings and contribute financially to the organization. Generally, board members are recruited based on their previous experience volunteering for CFJ, their experience on other boards and the expertise they can provide. Board expertise is needed in the areas of fundraising, business management, finance, technology, human resources, strategic planning, public relations and advocacy.
2022 Board of Directors
Matthew C. Reale, Esq., Board Chair
- Sandra Carmichael, Community Leader
- Roe Chlala, Festivities Foundation
- John Coleman, Community Leader
- Donna Craft, Community Leader
- Pamela Dale, Attorney at Law
- Jill Fitzburgh, The Foundation for Gender Equality
- Sofia De Carvalho, Board Vice Chair, M & T Bank
- Michael E. Lyngaas, Community Leader
- Sarah Cwikla Mastropole, Stantec
- Kristin Okesson, Connoisseur Media
- Reuel Parks, C.H.A.M.P., Inc.
- Scott Redfern, IBM
- Rev. Sara Smith, Esq., United Congregational Church of Bridgeport
- Lisa M. Todd, Treasurer, Webster Bank
- Diane Winston, Winston Strategic Partners, LLC
Debra A. Greenwood, President/CEO of The Center for Family Justice
CFJ Board Fellows:
- Destiny Samuels, Silver Hill Hospital
- Antoinette S. Stephens, Alliance for Community Empowerment
Finance, Audit & Investment Committee: Monitors the operating budget and financial performance of CFJ and assists in fiscal management. Recommends investment policy for CFJ and devises strategies for endowment campaign efforts and capital expenditures. In addition, the committee reviews the annual audit, approves the annual operating budget and supports CFJ’s President/CEO on fiscal matters.
Sustainability Committee: Coordinates planning and implementation of all current fundraising events including the annual appeal and third-party fundraising events. It also works with the Development staff to create a strategic plan, support planned giving campaigns and capital campaigns.